Thursday, October 29, 2009

married!

I am a married woman. For an entire month. Though I've been coming home to C since January, coming home to "our house" has had an entirely different meaning since we got back from our honeymoon. I suppose because now... it actually is OUR house.

Waking up together, cooking dinner for each other, and coming home to a friend are some of the most rewarding things about being married. I find myself smiling because I get to have this forever. But with great bounty comes the fear of great loss, and since we've been married I find myself reminded now and again of how vulnerable I am to the loss of this man I love. It's a bummer I try not to think about.

Everyone always jokes, and so do we, that years from now we'll hate each other. But I am persistent, and I rarely settle for less, so I hope that we will continue to be honest and respectful of each other even as the once charming attributes become tiresome. This is my hope anyway. At the moment,I have no reason not to believe that we will be an unstoppable team. Realists as we are though... we know we have a wonderful and sometimes long road ahead.

For now, I will go to bed dreaming of the various "firsts" this holiday season has in store for our new little family. Pumpkin carving, a Thanksgiving feast with friends, a Christmas together with our own tree and ornaments. And, a New Year... as husband and wife. :)

No comments: